Friday, December 21, 2012

Half Wreath Moonicure!

So the big lesson I have learned from this manicure is that it's dumb to remove it after taking pictures but before checking that the pictures are any good. It's a good lesson.

I used Finger Paints Sketch n Etch as a base, and covered it with Nailtini Millionaire, which I got in my ipsy haul last month. It looked kind of fuzzy and festive, like I think a wreath should look. I used my hole reinforcers (you know why they cut them in half in tutorials? It's not because they're cheap -- hole reinforcers cost about a half a penny apiece -- it's because they bend up if you use the whole thing. Now you know!) to make a moonicure, and painted over the whole thing in Sinful Colors' Black on Black. Which is still my favorite black, even if it's cheap. It covered glitter smoothly in one coat. Dang. After I pulled off the reinforcers, I freehanded some bows in Orly Monroe's Red. The whole result was cute as a button.

So I snapped a few pictures (light box will likely come after Christmas, if I ever have money ever again) and they looked okay on my phone, so I removed the polish. I wanted to get a head start on the weekend manicures -- I have six church services to attend or perform in between Sunday and Monday, plus wrapping gifts, plus making food, plus not going insane, so being a few days ahead seemed like a good idea.

Yay for lessons! Sorry the pictures stink. I'll figure it out someday, I swear.

In the meantime, go see what everyone else did! I bet they have better photos!

3 comments:

  1. I learned that lesson early on, but never seem to remember it! I always look at my fotos and think - that's not in focus!...Dang, I can't believe I forgot to clean my cuticles before taking the pic!...Where in the world did that dog hair come from (like I don't know). I finally gave up on perfection. Can I tell you something? If you only have a phone camera, don't waste your money on a light box and buy a camera with a good (and easy to access) macro setting. I have never used a light box, only a table lamp I have on my desk and they turn out pretty good. Just a suggestion. Despite the photos, these are still very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I have been blogging for 2 years and there are still days that I remove my polish before checking pictures only to realize my pictures are a wreck. I think the mani is very cute, though :D

    ReplyDelete